Aligning business strategies with information technology investments in an ever changing business environment poses a significant challenge for Business and IT leaders. PCS’ IT experts are able to tailor an IT strategy specific to your needs. Our insightful knowledge of organizations and operations; coupled with best practices, disciplined approach, and proven methods can assist you in developing a comprehensive IT strategy that will help you achieve your corporate business objectives.
Application Transformation is a critical part of a comprehensive IT strategy. What is Application Transformation? PCS defines it as re-engineering existing or legacy systems to serve existing business objectives and/or achieve new business objectives. A mission critical legacy system may be re-engineered or modernized either partially, fully or added to as part of an enterprise digital strategy. PCS leverages its expertise in Cloud, Mobile, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics and DevOps in the application modernization effort. Often companies may evolve a high level Digital IT Strategy but still remain unsure of where and how to begin their Application Transformation effort. PCS views Application Portfolio Analysis or Application Portfolio Management (APM) as an important tool towards achieving Application transformation across the digital enterprise. APM is the continuous evaluation and assessment of an organization’s applications from value, availability, flexibility, and technological perspectives. An application portfolio is the extension of an overall Digital IT Strategy, a critical business asset and must be managed as such. Successful APM helps align application portfolio and application inventory with business goals, increases IT value to business, enables decision making about digital investments, digital marketing, social media, mobile offerings and provides better control over software that automates and drives a company’s business.
PCS designs applications to meet the following principles:
- High Availability: We design enterprise class features and functionality to support critical enterprise applications with high level of availability.
- Scalability: Designed to scale reliably, our designs meet the needs of even the largest enterprise in the most demanding environments.
- Security: We use enhanced security features make the most secure applications and databases for your critical data.
- Interoperability: Our application design makes use of micro services and a service oriented architecture for complete interoperability now and well into the future.
- Total Cost of Ownership: We design greater out-of-the-box functionality and lower ongoing maintenance costs for all major databases using our proprietary tools and approach.
Our services in this area are further detailed on our website in the below pages.