PCS frequently has openings as new projects are initiated for our customers.
Currently we have just one opening in our Command Center. The open position title is System Support Analyst. This is a 2nd Shift Mainframe and Unix Operations job.
The details are below:
The overall duty of the Systems Support Analyst is to monitor all production systems (Running on UNIX, Windows and IBM Mainframe platforms), recognize issues, and initiate necessary action. This includes providing first level problem resolution and support for various back-end systems, infrastructure, communication and network failures, hardware failures, and other processing irregularities. This analyst will also escalate problems, as necessary, to second level support teams and appropriate levels of management.
This is a permanent shift based position. The location is near downtown Chicago. Shifts may include some weekends. This position requires the ability to stand, walk and sit for various periods of time. This position also requires the ability to sit for an extended period of time and continuously monitor multiple computer screens; must be able to carry computer equipment and lift up to 20 pounds. Must be willing to work extended work shifts including a Saturday/Sunday and some holidays when required.
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a background check prior to starting their employment. The background check is comprised of criminal and credit checks.
- On-site monitoring of all aspects of the production systems (Mainframe, UNIX and Windows platforms) and application systems using current monitoring tools and methods to detect errors, faulty output or system/application stoppage
- Working closely with IT staff to notify them of any potential network and system troubles and outages
- Performing Level 1 help desk support for answering calls, troubleshooting issues, record issues in the trouble ticketing system and escalate according to documented escalation procedures (number of calls is of the order of 4 – 8 calls per shift)
- Providing shift status report, communicating shift activities, processing statuses and problems to incoming shift and for management review
- Providing support for other areas of NOC operations including hardware and network support calls to vendors as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred but not mandatory
- Minimum of 4 years of IT support related experience is required to successfully perform this job
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- A minimum of two years of experience working in a NOC environment
- UNIX and Windows operations skills
- IBM Mainframe operations skills including Control-M Enterprise Manager
Company offers a competitive salary and great benefits including: Two weeks paid vacation, Paid sick days, Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance (choice of HMO or PPO), Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Insurance.
Please continue to check this page often as we post the most up to date information here. You may also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like us to keep your resume on file. Please email any resumes in pdf format only. Word and other formats will be discarded as a security precaution.